All year long I am busy turning all the dairy recipes I find pareve. The thought of using butter instead of margarine Is oh! so tempting – but since the cookie jar has quite a prominent place on my counter, we are more than likely to stick our hands in when we are still ‘fleishig’.
With Shavuos coming, what better excuse is there to pull out the butter, sour cream, dulce de leche, and get that mixer moving!
With that I invite you to enjoy the next couple of weeks as I satisfy my sweet tooth with genuinely dairy goodness.
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
1/2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. Salt
6 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 sticks unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
Bakers Choice Caramel Topping
1. Preheat oven to 375. Grease 9 x 13 baking pan and line with parchment paper
2. In the bowl of a mixer with paddle attachment, combine all crust ingredients until it forms a smooth dough.
3. Press evenly into the prepared pan and bake until lightly golden – 15 – 20 minutes.
4. Remove crust from oven and lower temperature to 350.
5. To make brownie filling, melt chocolate and butter in microwave in 1 minute increments. Make sure not to burn.
6. In the bowl of a mixer, whisk together the eggs, sugar and salt. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water and whisk constantly until just warm.
7. Place the bowl with the egg mixture on the mixer and whip for 5 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add the melted chocolate and vanilla.
8. Mix well until combined. Add flour and mix again until combined.
9. Pour the brownie filling over the crust and bake for 15-20 minutes. Test if center is set with a skewer.
10. Once the filling has cooled, use a spoon and drizzle caramel over the top.
You can garnish with nuts of your choice.