If you can’t find rose water, you can substitute for orange blossom water, or you can omit it. However, the flowery perfume of the extracts and the chocolate take the meringues to a completely different level.
1 French meringue master recipe
1 teaspoon rose water
3 ounces dark chocolate
1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil*
1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
*Spectrum brand virgin coconut oil is certified OU and is kosher for Passover
1. Cut off one of the lower corners of a freezer zip top bag, and fit in a large star or plain piping tip.
2. Fill bag with meringue mixture and pipe “kiss” shaped portions of meringue onto prepared baking sheets by pressing the piping bag and then releasing slowly upwards to form a tip, leaving 1 inch in between meringues.
3. Bake in preheated oven (see master recipe) for 1:30 hours and cool inside oven.
4. Once meringues have cooled, place them in an air-tight container and freeze while chocolate cover melts.
5. Fill a saucepan with about 2 inches of water and bring to a boil.
6. Place chocolate and coconut oil in a medium bowl and place on top of the saucepan with the boiling water. Let chocolate and oil melt, and remove from heat.
7. Dip tops of halves of cold meringues into chocolate and place on a platter. Once they are all dipped, sprinkle a few salt flakes on top of each.
8. Serve, freeze or store airtight for up to 5 days.
Read full Meringue Article here.