1. Preheat oven to 350°F. in a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. set aside.
2. in a separate bowl, beat butter or margarine and 1 cup peanut butter together until fluffy. add 3⁄4 cup sugar and brown sugar; beat until smooth. add egg and mix well. add milk and vanilla; continue beating. add flour mixture and beat thoroughly. stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons superfine sugar on a plate. Drop cookie dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into the sugar, then onto an ungreased cookie sheet, leaving several inches between each cookie for expansion.
4. Using a fork, lightly indent cookies with a criss-cross, but do not overly flatten cookies. Bake 8 minutes. cookies may appear to be underdone, but they are not.
5. Remove cookies from oven and let cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
6. If desired, turn half of the cookies upside down. spread about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter over upside down cookie and top with a second cookie.
This recipe is exerpted from The Bais Yaakov Cookbook. Want a cookbook of your own? Hop over to www.baisyaakovcookbook.com for 20% off + Free Shipping!