February 20, 2012
4 Tbsp margarine, plus a little bit more softened, for spreading
8 cups popped popcorn, home-made or store-bought
3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
40 large marshmallows
6 sugar ice cream cones
Candy for decoration – limited only by your imagination!
(We used cherry balls, winkies, string licorice and candy balls.)
1. Spread the extra bit of softened margarine in a large bowl. Add the popcorn and nuts.
2. In a medium-sized pot, melt the 4 Tbsp of margarine over a medium flame. Add the marshmallows and stir until melted.
3. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn mixture and mix to coat evenly.
1. Scoop the popcorn with an ice cream scooper or form a ball with wet hands.
2. Place a sugar cone on top of the popcorn ball. Use marshmallow fluff to stick on the candy. Place clowns on 2 cupcake holders. Repeat, using all of the cones.
3. Wrap each clown in a small cellophane bag and tie with a ribbon.
Also See Purim Scoops
This recipe appeared in Kosher Inspired, Issue 3, March 2011. Kosher Inspired is brought to you by Mishpacha Magazine.