January 28, 2013
50 ml water
25 grams butter
25 grams flour
1 tsp Bakto Vanilla Extract
1. Heat up 2-3 cups of oil in a heavy bottomed pot
2. Combine butter, water, and pinch of salt in pot, and melt butter over medium heat.
3. When fully melted, add all of the flour at once, and stir to combine, and cook for another minute or two to remove any floury taste. Set aside to cool (about 5-10 minutes should be fine)
4. Add egg and vanilla, and stir to combine. It will look like it doesn’t go, but keep on stirring and it will all come together.
5. When oil registers 350 it’s time for frying (if you don’t have a thermometer, you can a popcorn kernel, and when that pops, that’s pretty much the right temperature). Transfer your dough to a piping/Ziploc bag, and pipe the dough into the oil, making whatever shape you want, and cook for 2-3 minutes, flip, and finish off the other side.
6. When done, transfer to a cooling rack, and to go the extra mile, sprinkle either with confectionary sugar (which is what I did), or since you’re smarter than me (I just thought of this now, and wish I had thought of it then) sprinkle with the Bakto Vanilla Sugar.
This recipe was part of a series done using Bakto Flavors Products. To read full article and see other featured recipes using Bakto products click here.