October 16, 2012
2 quince, peeled and cored, thinly sliced, pulp removed
1 1/2 lemons, peeled, thinly sliced
1 lb. sugar
1. Cut esrogs into quarters and slice very thinly, removing all pulp and set aside for another use if desired.
2. Bring pot of water to a bowl and add esrogs. Let cook for 3 – 5 minutes and strain. Repeat 2 or 3 more times.
3. In a pot combine the cooked esrogs, quince, lemon and sugar. Add just enough water to cover the fruit.
4. Cook 3 – 4 hours on med-low flame (uncovered), mixing occasionally.
5. Meanwhile, boil mason jars in a pot of hot water for about 5 minutes. Remove with tongs onto a towel. Add warm jam into hot jars and cover tightly. Store in a cool place.