Cooking the brisket in pineapple juice tenderizes the meat, making it soft and tender. If making ahead, reheat the meat fully covered by the gravy, in a 275 F oven for about half an hour.
- pickled brisket - 1, any desired size
- pineapple juice - enough to cover the brisket in the pot
- reserved pineapple cooking liquid - 3 cups
- duck sauce - 1/2 cup
- mustard - 1/4 cup
- honey - 1 tbsp
- soy sauce - 2 tsp
- dark raisins - 1/2 cup (optional but recommended)
- corn starch - 2 tsp, dissolved in 1 tbsp cold water
1. Preheat oven to 300.
2. Place the brisket (after it's rinsed off) in a dutch oven or pyrex dish, and cover completely with pineapple juice (the kind from concentrate is fine). Cover tightly and place in oven for 2 1/2 hours.
3. Remove from oven and let cool. Slice the meat against the grain.
4. Prepare sauce:
Place 3 cups of the cooking liquid into a pot (discard any remaining liquid) and add remaining ingredients , except corn starch.
Let simmer over med- low heat until reduced, and ingredients are fully combined, about 15 minutes.
Add the dissolved cornstarch and mix well to incorporate.
Cook about 5 more minutes until sauce begins to thicken (it will thicken more as it cools).
5. Pour sauce over sliced meat and freeze, or reheat for 1/2 hour before serving.
Garnish with chopped parsely.