- romaine lettuce - 4 cups
- baby arugula - 2 cups
- cooked quinoa - 1 cup
- edamame - 1 1/2 cups cooked and shelled
- chopped or sliced red onion - 1/4 cup
- red pepper - 1, thinly sliced
- toasted pine nuts (or other nuts) - 1/2 cup
- pomegranate seeds - 1/4 cup
- dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- kosher salt - 1 tsp
- sugar - 2-3 tbsp (optional)
- red wine vinegar - 1/4 cup
- extra virgin olive oil - 1/4 cup
For the salad: Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Set aside.
For the dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake well until fully incorporated.
To serve: Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss and serve immediately.
I usually make 1 cup uncooked quinoa and a full bag of shelled edamame and reserve the extra for a second salad. To prepare the quinoa, heat 2 cups water, 1 cup quinoa, and 1/2 teaspoon salt In a 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Cool completely before storing. For the edamame, fill a 11/2-quart saucepan halfway with water and add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring water to a boil over high heat, and then add edamame. Reduce heat to medium and cook until slightly tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.