I can’t say this is my healthiest salad, but once I have the deli and puff pastry out on my table, I feel less guilty serving it when I add some hearty greens to the mix.
- puff pastry dough - 3 squares, sliced into thick strips, not fully defrosted
- oil - for frying
- romaine lettuce - 1 1/2 heads, shredded
- cubed corned beef - 1 cup, (see tip)
- cubed smoked turkey - 1 cup (see tip)
- dill or half sour pickle - 1, diced small
- everything spice - 2 tbsp (see note)
- mayonnaise - 1/2 cup
- dried dill - 1/2 tbsp
- lemon - a squeeze
In a frying pan over medium heat, heat oil to lightly coat pan and fry strips of puff pastry dough till brown. Set aside and sprinkle with Everything spice.
Combine mayonnaise, dill, and lemon juice in a small bowl.
Plate each salad with lettuce, deli, pickles, and puff pastry strips. Drizzle with dressing.
Tip: Ask your deli guy to give you a huge chunk of corned beef and smoked turkey and cube them yourself.
Note: If you don’t have Everything spice, you can make your own by combining the following: 2 Tbsp poppy seeds, 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, 1 tsp dried minced garlic, and ½ tsp coarse salt.