Recipe from The Silver Platter by Daniella Silver with Norene Gilletz
Reprinted with permission from the copyright holders: ArtScroll/Mesorah Publications
- eggs - 3
- sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- vegetable oil - 1 1/4 vegetable oil
- pure vanila extract - 2 tsp
- orange juice - 1 1/2 cups
- flour - 2 1/2 cups (or gluten-free flour with xanthan gum)
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- baking soda - 1 1/2 tsp
- salt - pinch
- coarsely chopped chocolate sandwich cookies - 6 cups (gluten-free or regular)
- chocolate chips - 1 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat eggs with sugar, oil, and vanilla on medium-high speed for 3-5 minutes, until light. Add orange juice; beat well.
- Reduce mixer speed to low; add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix just until combined.
- Carefully fold in cookies and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out without any batter clinging to it.
- Let cool 20 minutes. Invert onto a serving platter; cool completely.
To chop the cookies easily, place them into a large resealable bag. Smash them with a rolling pin until coarsely chopped. (Kids can help with this task.) Do not crush them too finely or you will end up with crumbs!
You can also use a 9 x 13-inch baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.