Trying to shed those Passover pounds? Try this delicious idea for a guilt free dinner.
- spaghetti squash - 1 large or 2 small
- oil - 1 tsp
- onion - 1, diced
- lean ground meat or chicken - 1 lb
- water - 1 cup
- sugar - 1 tbsp, optional
- marinara sauce - 1 jar of your favourite kind
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds with a spoon. Rub the flesh with a bit of oil and place face down on a lined cookie sheet. Bake for 40 minutes.
3. Remove, let cool for a few minutes. Use a fork to loosen the strands from the peel and flake into pieces. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, heat a large pan with the oil and sautée the onions. Add the meat and cook for a few minutes, stirring. Add marinara sauce, about 1 cup of water (and sugar if using), and let cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour over spaghetti squash and serve.
Yield: 3-4 portions.