Healthy, tasty and gorgeous! You can make these a day ahead and serve at room temperature. Sprinkle any leftovers on top of a salad for the next day!
- red beets - 3, peeled and diced
- butternut squash - 1 large or 2 small, peeled and diced
- olive oil - 4 tsp, divided
- kosher salt -
- black pepper -
- fresh Italian parsley - chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 roast setting.
2. In two separate bowls, toss the cubes of beets and butternut squash, each with 2 tsp of oil . Place them on 2 separate lined cookie sheets, or on 2 sides of a sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for half hour, or until edges are turning brown. I like to mix them once during roasting, so that they all cook evenly.
3. Let cool, mix together, and add parsley. Serve at room temp or slightly warmed.