If you’re looking for a refreshing salad that’s not too sweet, this is for you. The lime zest gives it that really fresh flavor.
- shredded white cabbage - 1 10-oz bag
- celery - 2 stalks, cut vertically into matchsticks
- limes - zest of 2
- snap peas - 1/2 lb, finely sliced
- green d'Anjou pears - 1-2, very firm, unpeeled and sliced into matchsticks
- scallions - 1-2, chopped
- olive oil - 1/4 cup
- white wine vinegar - 3 tbsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- dijon mustard - 1 1/2 tsp (if unavailable, substitute a pinch of grated horseradish)
- pepper - 1/4 tsp
- sugar - 2 tbsp
- lime - juice of 1
- Candied Almonds:
- slivered almonds - 1/2-1 cup (depending how sweet you like it)
- sugar - 1/4 cup
For the candied almonds, place sugar on the bottom of a clean pan and almonds on top of sugar. Allow sugar to caramelize, stirring constantly until sugar turns an amber color and almonds are coated. Remove from pan and place on parchment paper to cool.
Whisk together dressing ingredients. To assemble, place salad ingredients in a large bowl and add dressing. Top with a handful of candied almonds.