A deep, rich, chocolatey cake that will delight all. It’s a very large recipe, so use a 10 -12 cup bundt pan, and you may even have some batter left over to make a small loaf for just you. Don’t overfill the bundt pan. The Walders liqueur in the icing adds a sophisticated twist to a classic chocolate cake.
- sugar - 4 cups
- flour - 3 1/2 cups
- cocoa - 1 1/2 cups
- baking powder - 3 tsp
- baking soda - 2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- eggs - 4
- cold water - 2 cups
- oil - 1 cup
- vanilla sugar - 6 tsp
- hot coffee - 2 cups, made with 2 full tsp instant coffee
- Walders Coffee Icing:
- confectioners sugar - 1 cup
- coffee flavored Walders - 2 1/2 tbsp
- oil - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place ingredients, in the order listed, into the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix for 4 minutes, until smooth.
- Pour batter into a well greased 10-12 cup bundt pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before icing.
Walders Coffee Icing:
Mix ingredients together in a bowl until there are no more lumps. Let sit for 10 minutes. Stir gently again to break up any hardened pieces, and pour slowly over the crown of the cake. Leave at room temperature, uncovered, until it dries.