Whenever I serve green beans, they’re always the first dish people comment on. We’re always looking for good string bean recipes — that and cabbage salads. Here’s a winner for your repertoire. It’s worth trying.
- olive oil - 1 tbsp
- frozen green beans - 1 16-oz bag, defrosted, or 1 lb fresh green beans, blanched
- sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
- slivered almonds - 1/2 cup
- teriyaki sauce - 1/4 cup
- apricots - 2 fresh, or 4 dried
- sesame oil - 1 tsp
- minced garlic - 1 tsp fresh, or 1 frozen garlic cube
- mustard powder - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - pinch
- scallions - 2 tbsp, sliced
Heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add string beans, sesame seeds, and almonds and toss to coat in olive oil. Allow to sauté for about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients except scallions in a small bowl. Pour over string beans and sauté another 2 minutes. Add scallions and toss to coat. Remove from flame and transfer to a serving dish so it doesn’t continue cooking. Serve warm.