En papillote (French for "in parchment"), or al cartoccio in Italian, is a method of cooking in which the food is put into a folded pouch or parcel and then baked.
Simple and quick, this salmon dish using parchment paper bags is full of bright flavours and great taste. Healthy cooking and easy cleanup famed in 'en papillote' cooking is made even easier using Palisades Parchment Paper Bags.
- salmon fillets - 2
- garlic - 2 frozen cubes, defrosted
- olive oil - 2 tsp
- kosher salt and black pepper - to taste
- lemon - 1, sliced
- capers - 2 tbsp
- fresh herbs - (like parsley and rosemary)
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Smear the fish with the garlic paste and then the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with slices of lemon and place gently into a parchment bag with the capers and the fresh herbs. Seal the bag by folding it underneath itself, and place on a cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and wait 10 minutes before opening the bag. Discard the lemon and fresh herbs before serving.