A delightful appetizer that will surprise and satisfy your family and guests. Makes 4 sausage puffs. Slice in half to make 8 appetizer sausage puffs.
- Joburg Kosher Moroccan Gourmet Sausages - 1 12oz package (4 links)
- Pepperidge Farm puff pastry sheet - 1
- Beaten egg - mix 1 beaten egg with 1 tsp cold water
- Poppy seeds or Sesame seeds -
- Cut 1 puff pastry sheet into 4 even squares. Lay one sausage near the bottom of each puff pastry square.
- Cover sausage with bottom of puff pastry sheet and keep rolling up until sausage is completely rolled in puff pastry. Dab a bit of cold water along edge of roll and press to seal. Sausage's ends should be sticking out of puff pastry. Do this for all 4 sausages.
- Brush tops of puff pastry lightly with beaten egg mixture so puff pastry browns nicely. Sprinkle lightly with either sesame seeds or poppy seeds, if desired. Bake at 350 degrees until puff pastry has puffed up and is lightly golden brown, about 15 minutes depending on your oven--do not overbake.
- Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes. If making appetizer size, cut each sausage puff in half. Serve warm.