A simple recipe that can be a whole meal on its own. Also goes very well with fish.
- uncooked orzo - 12 oz
- B'gan mixed vegetables - 1 bag
- ricotta cheese - 1 cup, or 1/2 cup cottage cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream
- parmesean cheese - 1/2 cup grated
- scallion - 1, finely chopped
- salt and pepper - to taste
- nutmeg - pinch
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Lower heat and add orzo. cook until Al Dante. Reserve a half a cup of the pasta water and drain. Rinse orzo.
2. Steam the b'gan mixed vegetables according to package directions.
3. Combine the reserved pasta water with the cheeses and spices, and mix. Add to the orzo along with the mixed vegetables and scallions. Season according to taste and enjoy.