We made this the other night to accompany grilled chicken. The kids and adults both enjoyed, and the best part is that it was so simple!
- uncooked rice - 2 cups
- salt - to taste
- oil - 2 tbsp
- spanish onion - finely chopped
- frozen peas and carrots - 1 lb bag
- egg - 1
- kosher salt - to taste
- black pepper - to taste
1. Cook rice according to package instructions. When ready, set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok.
3. Add the onions, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the frozen vegetables and mix. Cook over high heat just until onions are translucent, and peas and carrots are slightly cooked.
4. Add the cooked rice and stir well. Make a space in the center of the pot and add the egg. As soon the egg starts solidifying, scramble it and mix it well with all the rest of the ingredients. Cook for about five more minutes, until rice is well coated and all ingredients are well mixed. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
Variation: add one clove minced garlic to the onions and sauté together.