Wacky combo? I admit this watermelon feta tomato salad is quite a stretch from the way watermelon is usually enjoyed: only one small good problem—it’s fabulous, so go for it! You must have noticed as I did that seeded watermelon is much tastier than the “convenient” and bland seedless hybrid. Just spit out the seeds discreetly, OK?
Just one more wonderful thing while you are making watermelon feta tomato salad: did you know you could juice watermelon, rind and all? Watermelon juice: Who knew? Delicious, and a nutritional powerhouse!
- watermelon - 8 cups, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- feta cheese - 3/4 cup
- cherry tomatoes - 2 cups, halved
- mint - 1 cup fresh, packed, sliced very thin
- scallions - 6, sliced thin
- lemon or lime juice - 1/4 cup fresh
- olive oil - 1/4 cup
- salt and pepper - to taste (you might need no salt at all)
- red pepper flakes - pinch
Place all salad ingredients in a platter. Whisk the dressing ingredients in a little bowl and pour over the salad. Mixvery gently so as not to extract moisture.
image via honeymash.com