My new favorite summer BBQ salad. Keep pesto in your freezer in ice cube trays for easy, accessible use.
- Roasted garlic cloves:
- garlic cloves - 20, peeled
- ginger - 1 tsp
- dried rosemary - a sprinkle
- dried basil - a sprinkle
- salt - a sprinkle
- oil -
- Israeli Couscous - 2 packages
- cherry tomatoes - 1 cup, halved
- parsley pesto - 1-2 tbsp
- pine nuts - 3 tbsp
1. To make roasted garlic cloves: Preheat oven to 350. In a shallow dish, place garlic cloves with spices and cover completely with oil. Place dish in oven and let cook for about 3/4 hour. Set aside to cool.
2. Cook couscous according to package directions. Rinse well.
3. Place in a bowl, add cherry tomatoes, cooked garlic cloves with 1-2 tbsp of the oil, and a generous tablespoon or two of the parsley pesto. (add link here) Add the pine nuts.
4. Mix well and serve at room temperature.