Thank you Mrs. Kaplan for sharing your famous sour cream pound cake with us! This recipe is a family classic!
- butter - 1/4 lb
- sugar - 1 cup
- eggs - 2
- sour cream - 1 cup
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- flour - 2 cups
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- vanilla sugar - 1 tsp
- cinnamon, sugar, nuts - optional
1. Cream butter, sugar and eggs.
2. Mix sour cream and baking soda. In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla.
3. Alternate adding wet and dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
4. Layer half of batter in 8x8 or 9" square pan. Sprinkle a layer of cinnamon or cinnamon sugar and nuts, then top with remaining batter. Sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar (I sprinkled top with plantation sugar which gave it a top "crust").
5. Bake at 350 for 45 min or until done.
Note: can also be made as muffins, bake for approx 20 min.