The kuntz to this salad is that you prepare the entire salad in advance and toss it with lettuce just before serving. The salad sans lettuce can last in the fridge for a few days.
- romaine lettuce - 1 large head, shredded
- green pepper - 1 small, diced
- yellow pepper - 1 small, diced
- carrot - 1, thinly sliced
- red onion - 3 tbsp, finely diced
- tomato - 1, chopped
- chickpeas - 1 15-oz can, drained
- olive oil - 2 tbsp
- water - 1 tbsp
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/8 tsp
- parsley - 2 frozen cubes or 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- garlic - 1 clove, minced
Combine all ingredients, except lettuce, in a container. Refrigerate overnight and toss with lettuce when ready to serve.