- unbleached all purpose flour - 1 cup
- unsweetened dark cocoa powder - 1/2 cup
- baking powder - 2 tsp
- salt - 1/8 tsp
- granulated sugar - 3/4 cup
- plain nonfat Greek yogurt - 3/4 cup
- eggs - 3 large
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- extra virgin olive oil - 1/2 cup
- dark chocolate chips - 3/4 cup
- strawberries - 8 large, halved with the tops removed
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Apply nonstick spray to a 9-inch round baking pan, and line bottom with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-sized bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, mix sugar, yogurt, eggs, vanilla, and olive oil together until combined.
4. In batches, mix flour mixture into yogurt and stir until combined. Stir in chocolate chips, then pour cake batter into the prepared pan.
5. Arrange strawberry halves over the top of the cake.
6. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Allow cake to cool on the pan for 15 minutes; then gently run a knife along the side of cake. Carefully remove cake from the pan and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
8. Serve alone, dusted with powdered sugar, or add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.