I plated these peaches with a swirl of whipped cream dusted with cinnamon, which turned out to be an irresistible combination, with the peachy syrup oozing into the cream - even my husband, who is not a cream person, spooned it up to the last drop. It also goes well with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
- peaches - 4 ripe
- oil - a touch (vegetable or grapeseed)
- brown sugar - 2 tbsp
- cinnamon - 1 tsp
1. Cut the peaches in half (on the seam) and remove the pit.
2. Brush cut sides of peaches with oil, and place on hot grill, cut side down.
3. Grill about 3 or 4 minutes, till you get nice grill marks. Brush tops of peaches with more oil and turn over.
4. Sprinkle on cinnamon sugar mixture and return to grill, best indirectly over the flame. Cover and grill for 10-15 more minutes, until sugar is melted and fruit is tender.
5. Take off carefully (it's tender, remember!) and serve warm or room temperature.
Note: These peaches are also delicious served in a salad or on top of chicken.