Make this savory sauce that you can use for any fish, pasta or vegetable soup. I especially like it served with cheese and crackers as an antipasti appetizer or hors d'oeuvres.
- Roasted Pepper Sauce:
- red bell peppers - 6, halved and seeded
- olive oil - 1 tbsp
- low fat mayonnaise - 2 tbsp
- cumin - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1/2 tsp
- dried basil - 1/2 tsp
- chili powder - few shakes
- lemon juice - 2 tsp
- salt - pinch
- freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- garlic - 2 frozen cubes
- Antipasti Crackers:
- your favorite salty crackers - (I like snackers or saltines)
- Natural and Kosher Gouda Cheese -
- roasted pepper sauce -
- basil leaves -
- stuffed olives -
For Roasted Pepper Sauce:
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Place cleaned peppers on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with oil and roast for about 20-25 minutes, or until edges begin to blacken.
3. Remove and let cool for 25 minutes.
4. Place peppers into a food processor fitted with the "s" attachment and purée. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend again until combined. Refrigerate up to 5 days.
For Antipasti Crackers:
Layer each cracker with a slice of Natural and Kosher cheese, a small amount of the pepper sauce, a basil leaf, and a stuffed olive. Secure with a pretty toothpick and serve!