A simple ingredient, well-seasoned and perfectly cooked, will always be delicious. Dressed only with salt, pepper, olive oil, honey and lemon, this stand-out dish will surprise you with its simplicity. You don't always need the frills and garnishes, you just need the right technique. When roasted at high heat, the natural sugars of the broccoli caramelize and its flavors become more concentrated. The florets get crispy, giving them a totally different texture than if they were steamed. Addictive!
- broccoli - 2 bunches (about 6-7 cups florets)
- extra virgin olive oil - 2-3 Tbsp
- honey - 2-3 Tbsp
- lemon - juice from 1/2
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper - to taste
- lemon slices - for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut broccoli into florets. Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
3. Drizzle with olive oil, honey and lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat on all sides.
4. Roast, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp and crunchy.
5. Transfer to a platter and garnish with lemon slices. Serve hot or at room temperature.