This is a terrific way to use up any leftover cooked fish such as salmon, sole, tilapia or whitefish. It’s delicious as a filling for Passover matzo meal rolls, on top of salad greens, or as a stuffing for hollowed-out tomatoes or peppers. If you don’t have enough fish, add one or two hard-boiled eggs to the mixture.
- green onions - 2
- celery - 1 stalk
- carrot - 1 small
- radishes - 2 or 3
- leftover cooked fish - 2 cups, skin and bones removed
- mayonnaise - 1/4-1/3 cup (or bottled salad dressing)
- salt and pepper - to taste
- In a food processor fitted with the steel blade, process the green onions, celery, carrot and radishes for 8 to 10 seconds or until minced.
- Add the fish and mayonnaise. Process with quick on/off pulses, until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover, and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Serve chilled.
Recipe can be doubled or tripled easily. This will keep for 2 days in the refrigerator. Don’t freeze.