This is also excellent with halibut, sea bass or black cod. Cooking the fish and vegetables together in one pan saves time and cleanup!
- onions - 2 large, cut in quarters
- mushrooms - 2 cups
- olive oil - 2 tbsp
- salmon fillets - 4 (about 2 lbs/1kg)
- balsamic vinegar - 1/4 cup
- honey - 2 tbsp
- salt, freshly ground black pepper and dried basil - to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a foil-lined baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Slice onions and mushrooms (if using your food processor, use medium pressure). Place on one side of prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place salmon on baking sheet next to vegetables. Drizzle salmon, onions and mushrooms with balsamic vinegar and honey. Season with salt, pepper and basil. Marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Salmon will be nicely browned on the outside, but still juicy inside. Onions and mushrooms will be tender and golden.
- Serve immediately. You can also serve this at room temperature.
This will keep 2 days in the refrigerator. Veggies will become soggy if frozen.