I love this twist on classic French toast! One can go to sleep dreaming about this breakfast… or lunch… or dinner.
- oil or butter - for brushing
- challah - 10 slices, crust removed
- milk - 1 1/2 cups
- eggs - 6
- sugar - 1/2 cup (or 1/4 cup agave syrup)
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp
- strawberries - 1 lb. (frozen or fresh), finely chopped
- For Serving:
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt -
- Pure Maple Syrup -
1. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish with oil or butter.
2. In a bowl, mix the eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon until well combined. Dip 5 slices of challah into the mixture and let bread get fully soaked.
3. Line them up in the pan to cover the surface. Place chopped strawberries onto the layer of challah, spreading to even them out.
4. Dip remaining challah into the egg mixture and place on top. Cover with parchment paper, then foil, and place some heavy books or pans on top, to compress it a bit. Let sit overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes covered, uncover for 5 more minutes. Cut into squares and serve with vanilla yogurt and drizzle with maple syrup.