If you're anything like me, an anti-morning person, you'll be thrilled with this recipe. It’s the perfect combination of fancy enough to impress, filling enough to satisfy, and simple and quick enough to actually consider really doing... often. It's also a perfect leftover challah idea. This one's a real winner.
- butter - 4 tbsp
- sliced bread or challah - 10 slices, any you choose
- eggs - 7
- milk - 1 3/4 cups
- sugar - 1/4 cup
- maple syrup - 2 tbsp
- vanilla - 1 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
1. Spread butter over bottom of large baking sheet with 1 inch high sides (jelly roll pan). Arrange bread slices on pan.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients, whisking well.
3. Pour mixture evenly over slices of bread. Turn the slices over to coat evenly.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
5. In the morning, preheat oven to 400.
6. Bake for 10 min.
7. Turn over breads and continue baking until golden brown, about 5 more min.
Serve with maple syrup.