These are fun to make and fun to eat! The kids made these for their friends and fun was had by all. Great Purim Mishloach Manot idea your kids can make on their own!
- eggs - 4
- margarine - 1 cup, softened
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- orange juice - 2 tsp
- flour - 4 cups
- baking powder - 1 tbsp
- salt - pinch
- colored sugars - 1/2 cup each of 4 different colors, or 2 cups of any colored sugar
1. In a large mixer bowl, combine all ingredients except colored sugars. Mix until dough is smooth. Divide into 4 balls, and refrigerate if it's too soft to roll.
2. Roll out each ball into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Brush each with egg white and pour approximately 1/2 cup of colored sugar over the dough. Roll tightly, using the shorter side as the side you roll. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate over night or freeze until needed.
3. Preheat oven to 350F. Line 3 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
4. Cut each roll crosswise into cookies, about 1/4 of an inch thick . Lay them out 2" apart on the baking sheets, and bake each sheet for 12 minutes. Cool and enjoy!