I know what you’re thinking — why wraps? Lasagna noodles work for me! I’ll tell you why — according to many you wash on wraps, thereby making it a great Melaveh Malkah food. And it works great with whole wheat wraps, a huge plus since whole wheat lasagna noodles just don’t taste the same. Last but not least, why not? Sauce and cheese? Delicious!!
- small wraps - 8-10, whole wheat or regular
- marinara sauce - 1 24-oz jar
- cottage cheese - 16 oz
- garlic - 1 clove or 1 cube frozen
- broccoli - 3 cups chopped (optional)
- tomatoes - 1 cup chopped (optional)
- shredded cheese - 3/4 cup for filling plus 1 1/4 cup for the top
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Mix together sauce, cottage cheese, garlic, broccoli, tomatoes, and ¾ cup shredded cheese. In the center of a wrap, place 3 tablespoons of the sauce-and-cheese mixture. Pour a few tablespoons of the sauce mixture into a 9x13-inch pan. Place wraps on top of the sauce and top with any additional sauce and the remaining shredded cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes covered, and an additional 20 minutes uncovered.