- chickpeas - 1 can, rinsed well
- carrots - 1 1/2 cups, peeled, chopped or shredded
- parsley - 1/2 cup chopped
- scallions - 6, sliced thin
- feta cheese - 1/2 cup crumbled (optional)
- sunflower seeds or pine nuts - 1/2 cup
- baby spinach - 4 cups
- lemon juice - 3 tbsp (lime juice or white wine also work)
- olive oil - 6 tbsp
- cumin - 1/2 to 1 tsp
- salt and pepper - to taste
- sugar - pinch
- aleppo pepper - pinch (optional but very good)
In a jar with a tight lid combine the lemon juice, oil, cumin, salt, pepper, and Aleppo Pepper (if using). Cover and shake well to combine. Season with more cumin or Aleppo pepper if desired and set aside.
In a salad bowl combine the spinach, chickpeas, carrots, parsley, and green onions to combine and then drizzle most of the dressing over the top. Mix to combine. Sprinkle the cheese over the top then top with sunflower seeds or pine nuts. You can serve as is with the remaining dressing on the side or toss to combine the cheese and seeds.