These wonderful bars were inspired by Brochi J., a dear friend and fantastic baker. I reduced the sugar and added some fibre to her original recipe, and no one complained. I also substituted "Just right" cereal for the Rice Krispies with great success.
- oats - 4 1/2 cups (quick cooking or whole)
- Rice Krispies Cereal - 4 1/2 cups (or Just Right cereal)
- wheat or oat bran - 2 tbsp
- brown sugar - 1/4 cup
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- mini chocolate chips - 1 10oz bag
- oil - 1/3 cup
- melted butter - 1/3 cup, or oil
- honey - 1 cup
1. Mix dry ingredients very well.
2. Add oil, butter and honey. Mix until well combined.
3. Lay flat onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Press all over with the back of a spoon to even out the layer.
4. Bake at 350F for 15-18 minutes. (Shorter for chewier, more crumbly bars; longer for crunchier, more firm bars.)