My sister-in-law (thank you Chani S.) gave me a delicious cinnamon bun filling that I tried out with my Challah dough. The end results were truly what I was looking for! A moist and tasty treat that sent everyone for seconds. By the time those buns are cool enough to glaze, there usually are not enough left to bother with the icing!
- challah dough - enough for approx. 2 medium sized challahs
- light brown sugar - 1 cup
- flour - 1/3 cup
- sugar - 1 tbsp
- cinnamon - 1 tbsp
- margarine - 1 stick
- Glaze: (optional)
- confectioner's sugar - 1 cup
- water - 1/2- 1 tbsp
1. Mix all ingredients besides dough together to form a paste.
2. Roll out dough into a large rectangle, smear with filling and roll up jelly roll style. Cut into thin slices.
3. Bake sliced side up on a rimmed cookie sheet, leaving room for cinnamon buns to grow. Bake at 350 about 20 minutes until lightly browned, don’t over bake!
4. Mix glaze and pour over buns.