- zucchini - 1 large, grated
- carrots - 8 medium, grated
- garlic - 1 tbsp minced
- parsley - 1/2 bunch fresh
- pancake batter - your favorite recipe (I use the one on the Bisquick box but use a 1/4 less liquid than called for)
- salt and pepper - to taste
- olive oil - to fry
- butter or sour cream - for topping, optional
In a bowl combine the zucchini, carrot, green onions, garlic and parsley. Mix to combine. Make your pancake batter, (don’t forget to omit ¼ cup of the liquid from the original recipe). Mix together the vegetables and batter. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat a skillet to and add a little olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Use a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop the batter onto the heated skillet. Cook 3 minutes the flip it over and cook 2 to 3 minutes. The fritter should be golden on each side. Place the fritter on paper towel or a cooling rack for a minute or two. Serve immediately. Makes 8 to 12 depending on the size.