These cookies are a real party treat. The cream can be made up to 3 days ahead so that you can assemble them at a party or right before. Place under the broiler for a few seconds, and voila, a warm and runny delicious cookie for all to enjoy!
- graham crackers - 8, broken in half
- baking chocolate - 3.5 oz
- almond or soy milk - 1/4 cup
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- egg yolks - 4
- marshmallows - 16 large
1. In a double broiler, place chocolate, almond milk, and vanilla. Allow to melt and then add 1 egg yolk at a time, mixing vigorously as each is added. Remove from fire and let cool to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to broil.
3. Smear each cracker with a layer of chocolate cream. Cut a marshmallow in half with a scissor and place both halves next to each other in the middle of the cracker.
4. Place on a pan and put under the broiler for about 20 seconds. Watch it carefully as it goes from brown to burnt in a matter of seconds. Serve warm or at room temperature.