So few ingredients, but so much amazing flavor. This recipe is all about the technique. Do not overcook the sugar snap peas - they should be crunchy.
- oil - 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp
- garlic - 1 clove, minced (or 1 cube)
- leeks - 3, white parts - cut into thin slices
- sugar snap peas - 1 lb
- kosher salt - to taste
- candied almonds or cashews - 1/4 cup
1. Preheat oven to 400. Place the leeks in a bowl and add 1 Tbsp of oil. Toss to coat. Place on a lined baking sheet and roast for about 10 -15 minutes, until leeks are just beginning to blacken.
2. Heat a wok over high heat. Sautee garlic with 2 tsp oil until fragrant. Add the sugar snap peas and toss around until color brightens, about 2 minutes. Season with kosher salt. Remove from fire and cool.
3. Combine the sugar snap peas and roasted leeks in a large bowl, and top with candied cashews or almonds.
Serve warm or at room temperature, best served the same day.