I bought my husband a pumpkin muffin and after nibbling at the leftovers, I was inspired to bake these biscotti.
- flour - 3 1/2 cups
- brown sugar - 1 1/2 cups, packed
- baking powder - 2 teaspoons
- cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
- cloves - 1/4 teaspoon
- nutmeg - 1/4 teaspoon
- canned pumpkin puree - 1/2 cup
- eggs - 2 large, lightly beaten
- vanilla - 1 tablespoon
- margarine - 3 tablespoons
- pecans - 1 cup, toasted and chopped
- craisins - 1/2 cup
- white chocolate coating - 1/4 cup, melted (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg in a medium bowl.rnrnIn the mixer bowl, using the paddle beater, beat pumpkin, eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture. Add 3 tablespoons margarine, 1 tablespoon at a time. A moist dough should form around the beater. Add nuts and craisins.
Form dough into 2 logs 14X2" long on parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes. Allow baked logs to cool. Slice each log into 1/2" slices on a diagonal. Place biscotti slices cut side down on baking pan and bake at 300 F for 15 minutes.
Drizzle cooled biscotti with melted chocolate coating.