These chipsticks happened all on their own. A friend gave me a recipe she had received and tripled the amounts (there are never enough of these!). One friday as I was midway through the recipe I realized I did not have any chocolate chips left. I took out a cutting board and a couple bars of Torino chocolate and got to work! The end product has practically made me famous:) ENJOY!
- oil - 1 1/2 cups
- sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- brown sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- eggs - 3, lightly beaten
- vanilla extract - 6 tsp (yes, 6! make sure to use good quality)
- flour - 4 1/2 cups
- baking soda - 1 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1 1/2 tsp
- Torino dark chocolate with truffle filling bars - 2 - 3.5 oz bars, coarsely chopped (or just use 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat oil with sugars until smooth, add eggs one at a time, add vanilla.
3. Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt, add to wet mixture and mix until just combined.
4. Fold in chocolate chunks- don't mix too much!rnrn5. Form 4 logs on parchment paper lined cookie sheets. Bake 19-20 minutes.
5. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing. (If freezing you can put the chipsticks away while still warm- they are delicious from freezer too!)