I used fresh cauliflower for this recipe, and cut the florets sideways into small trees, making a pretty side dish. Frozen works well, too, though. Don’t be afraid of the interesting spices — the flavor is mellow and not overpowering.
- cauliflower - 1 head, or 1 bag frozen (1 lb)
- cilantro - 1/4 cup fresh leaves (or Italian parsley), for garnish
- seasoned rice vinegar - 1/3 cup
- olive oil - 1/2 cup
- sugar - 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp
- curry powder - 1 tbsp
- turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- dry mustard - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- kosher salt - 1 tsp
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight lid and shake vigorously to combine. Place cauliflower in a bowl, pour on almost all the dressing, and toss to combine. Lay out cauliflower in a single row on a baking sheet, and bake uncovered for 45 minutes (less if you’re using frozen cauliflower). Sprinkle with the last bits of remaining dressing and the chopped herbs.