This easy-to-prepare salad has great texture contrast and flavors that blend
surprisingly well together. Plus, it's super healthy. What better way of starting the New Year?
- applesauce - 2/3 cup, unsweetened
- tahini - 1/2 cup
- apple cider vinegar - 1/4 cup (preferably raw)
- honey - 1 tbsp (preferably raw)
- cayenne pepper - pinch, optional
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- dark leafy greens - 1 lb, your choice of spinach, kale, mixed baby greens, arugula, mizuna etc
- sprouts - 3 oz. (sunflower, radish, alfalfa, bean, pea, or microgreens)
- apples - 2, cut into bite size pieces (cored, not peeled)
- sesame seeds - 1/4 cup
1. Place all dressing ingredients in a blender or in a jar with a lid. Pulse in the blender or place all the ingredients in the covered jar, and shake until evenly combined. Taste for seasoning, and add more salt and pepper, if necessary.
2. Refrigerate until ready to use. Dressing can be prepared 1 week ahead.
3. Place greens, sprouts and/or microgreens and apple pieces in a salad bowl.
4. Drizzle dressing on the salad and toss gently to spread evenly, but without damaging the leaves.
5. Sprinkle top with sesame seeds and serve immediately.
Add sunflower, chia, hemp and/or poppy seeds