This great summer dish gets the ones who hate spicy food to slowly embrace it.This grilled chicken dish with the spicy tangy/smoky marinade topped with a salsa that everyone will copy, promises to please everybody at the table, even the non spicy eaters.
- chicken breast - 3 pieces boneless, skinless
- chicken thighs - 3 pieces boneless, skinless
- turmeric - 1 tsp
- chipotle powder - 1 tsp (cayenne is a doable substitute, but won't give smoky flavor)
- paprika - 1 tsp
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- onion powder - 1 tsp
- garlic - 1 tsp freshly chopped
- pepper - 1/2 tsp freshly ground
- kosher salt - 1/2 tsp
- soy sauce - 3 Tbsp
- water - 3 Tbsp
- olive oil - 3 Tbsp
- avocados - 2 small ripe , cubed
- mango - 1 small ripe , cubed (same size as avocado)
- fresh coriander - 1/4 cup chopped
- green onions - 2 , finely sliced
- jalapeno pepper - 1 Tbsp , seeded and chopped
- garlic - 1 tsp , freshly chopped
- avocado or olive oil - 1 Tbsp
- lemon - Juice of 1
- Salt - and pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients for marinade in a bowl and mix well.
2. Add the pasty marinade over the chicken and gently mix, being careful to avoid ripping the meat.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to marinate in fridge for minimum of 20 minutes and maximum of 24 hours.
4. Grill the meat over medium heat on the BBQ until there are no signs of pink flesh in center (about 7 minutes each side, covered).
Combine all ingredients, and serve a heaping scoop of the salsa over the freshly grilled chicken. Serve with a simple salad and a toasty baguette.