This is a great way to showcase a great lamb dish with some Moroccan touches.The Lamb mixture is pressed onto a long cinnamon stick, which is then left in fridge overnight to allow the cinnamon to gently penetrate the meat, giving it a light Moroccan aromatic flair.
- lamb - 1 lb ground
- parsley - 1/4 cup chopped
- mint - 1/8 cup chopped
- egg - 1
- breadcrumbs - 1/3 cup
- onion - 1 medium , finely diced
- cumin - 1/2 tsp
- turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - and Pepper to taste
- cinnamon sticks - extra long - usually found in specialty or health food stores
1. Mix all ingredients except the cinnamon. Create patties like a baseball and stick the cinnamon in the middle. Gently work the meat to cover the stick until a little is poking out the bottom.
2. Cover with Saran wrap and place in fridge overnight.
3. Gently spray grill and cook lamb kebob on all four sides over medium heat, about 3 minutes each side.
4. Serve on a bed of saffron rice or a light salad. Tehina is a great drizzle over lamb kebobs.