Gourmet cooks, this salad is for you! The textures and flavors blend together in each delicious bite. I once served this to my grandmother, among several other delicious dishes, and this is the recipe she requested afterward.
- mixed salad greens or romaine - 1 bag
- green pitted olives - 1/3 cup , whole or sliced
- tomatoes - 4, sliced and oven-dried (see note), or . cup sun-dried tomatoes
- sunflower seeds - roasted, salted
- cashew nuts - roasted, salted
- canola oil - 1/4 cup
- olive oil - 1/4 cup
- white wine vinegar - 1/4 cup
- garlic - 1/4 tsp
- thyme - 1/4 tsp
- basil - 1/4 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- pepper - 1/8 tsp
- honey - 1 heaping tsp
Whisk together dressing ingredients. Combine salad ingredients and pour dressing on top.
To make oven-dried tomatoes, preheat oven to 250Â°F (130Â°C). Slice 4 plum tomatoes in quarters and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and kosher salt and allow to roast for 3 1/2 hours, checking occasionally that they are not browning.
This recipe originally appeared inÂ Mishpacha Magazine.
Food and Prop Styling by Amit Farber
Photography by Daniel Lailah