A super fancy looking dessert in minutes. Amazingly delicious too!
- butter - 3/4 cup (175 mL) unsalted , melted
- cream cheese - 1 package (8 oz/250 g) , softened
- cottage cheese - 2 tbsp ricotta cheese or full fat
- honey - 1/2 cup
- egg - 1
- phyllo pastry - 12 sheets , thawed
- blueberry pie filling - 2 cups (store bought or homemade)
- icing sugar - 3 tbsp (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Brush bottoms and sides of 12-cup muffin tin with 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the melted butter.
2. In bowl and using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, ricotta or cottage honey and egg on medium speed, scraping down side of bowl with a rubber spatula occasionally, for about 2 to 3 minutes or until fluffy and smooth. Set aside.
3. Stack phyllo sheets on work surface. Brush top sheet with melted butter; crumple into a loose ball, making a large indentation in centre. Fit into buttered muffin tin. Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets until you have 12 indented phyllo balls. Bake in centre of oven for 5 minutes or until browned on edges and bottoms are cooked through. Remove from oven.
4. Fill each indentation with cream cheese mixture; top each with blueberry filling. Return to oven and bake for another 8 to 10 minutes or until filling is set and phyllo is browned on bottom. Place on wire rack to cool. Arrange nests on platter; sprinkle with icing sugar.