I was cleaning up from last night
- breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- butter - 3 Tablespoons , melted
- Parmesan cheese - 2 Tablespoons grated
- butter - 2 Tablespoons
- onion - 1 , finely chopped
- mushrooms - 1/2 pound , thinly sliced
- spinach - 1 pound , cleaned and checked
- cream cheese - 1 1/2 pounds
- eggs - 3
- 10% cream - 1/2 cup
- salt - 1 teaspoon
- pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- grated nutmeg - 1/4 teaspoon
- grated Parmesan cheese - 3 Tablespoons grated
Preheat oven to 350.
In a bowl, combine the crumbs, butter and parmesan and press into an 8” springform pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn the oven down to 300.
In a pan, sauté the onion in the 2 Tablespoons of butter, add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms give up their liquid and are dry and lightly browned. Add the spinach and continue cooking for a few minutes or until the spinach is wilted.
Mix the cheeses, eggs, cream and seasonings until smooth. Fold in the mushroom onion mixture. Pour onto the prepared crust and bake for 1 1/2 hours in the 300 oven.