- salmon steaks - 2 to 3 lbs (6 to 8 depending on the size)
- lime juice - 2 1/2 tablespoons
- olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- kosher salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Blueberry Salsa
- fresh blueberries - 1 1/2 to 2 pints
- jalapeno pepper - 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- shallots - 2 tablespoon minced or sweet onion
- kosher salt - 1/4 tsp
- parsley - 2 tablespoons finely chopped
- mint - 1 tablespoon chopped
- basil - 1 tablespoon chopped
- fresh lime juice - 1 tablespoon
In a plastic self closing bag combine the lime juice, oil, black pepper and salt
Add the salmon steaks, close tightly and toss to coat with marinade and set aside (at room temperature) for 10 minutes.
While the salmon is marinating prepare the salsa. Put 1 pint of the blueberries into a large bowl and mash them. Add the jalapeno, shallots, salt, parsley, mint, basil and lime juice and mix to combine. Preheat the grill or your grill pan. Grease whichever one youâ€™re using with a little oil.
Remove the salmon from the marinade and discard the marinade. Grill each side 4 to 5 minutes (youâ€™ll get score marks and the fish should be firm but still give to the touch) . Â Place the salmon on a serving platter or on individual plates and drizzle some salsa over the top of each piece of salmon. Sprinkle the remaining berries over the top. Serve with the remaining salsa.