A delicious combination that takes minutes to prepare.
- oil - 1 Tbsp and 1 tsp
- cloves garlic - 2
- Baby spinach leaves - 5 oz.
- portabella mushrooms - 6 , gills removed
- red bell peppers - 2 , cut into 4 pieces each (fresh or jarred)
- feta cheese - 1/4 cup
- whole grain bread - 6 slices
1. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large saucepan and sauté garlic and spinach until soft and fragrant. Remove from pan and set aside. Heat another tsp. of oil and add portabella mushrooms and peppers (you may need to do in shifts) and cook over high heat until just softening – about 4 minutes.
2. Make a sandwich, layering the portabella mushrooms, the softened red peppers slices and feta cheese and spinach mixture between 2 slices of multigrain bread.